Online Counseling (Worldwide)
What is Online Counseling?
Skype or Face-time Sessions
Ongoing counseling or single consultations are possible.
*Each session lasts 50 minutes.
*Payment for each session is made via PayPal prior to the session.
If we decide to work together, psychotherapy will generally take the following course:
The intake session will take about 90 minutes. The focus will be on both the concerns that have brought you to therapy, and your history across different areas of your life. The intake will help me get a more thorough understanding of you, your present circumstances, the potential influencing factors
and areas of work.
The first 2-4 sessions (first session being a clinical intake) will involve an evaluation of your needs and goals of therapy. By the end of this phase I will be able to offer you some first impressions and a treatment plan to follow, tailored to your needs and goals. Together we will make sure that the goals set are realistic.
It is important for therapy to end in a proper way. Together we will decide when it is time to finish working together, and sessions will be reduced gradually. I encourage ending with a relapse prevention plan so that you know how to deal with the same problem/issue, should it ever reoccur.
Why do people choose Online Counseling?
• It suits people with busy schedules.
• It makes it possible to engage in therapy from home, work, or while traveling.
• It’s possible to receive therapy when you have difficulty leaving your home due to disability, caregiving responsibilities, or any other reasons.
• You can have access to an English-speaking therapist even if you live in a foreign country.
• You can engage in therapy even if you live in a remote area, or in an area with limited options when it comes to therapists.
• You can keep the same therapist if you tend to relocate frequently.
You should not consider Online Counseling if:
- • You have serious thoughts of hurting yourself or others.
- • You have a chronic mental illness requiring intense treatment.
- • You prefer face-to-face therapy, and it is available to you.
- • You are uncomfortable with computers/technology.
Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.” D.Richo
Request an appointment
In order for therapy to be effective, it is very important that you feel at ease with the therapist you choose.
An initial session will allow us to discuss any questions or concerns you might have regarding therapy/counseling and give you a sense of what working with me will be like.